Yes! We can install Beam vacuums in most existing homes.
- As these Systems are becoming more popular in the new house market, more and more people are asking us this question.
- Replacing an old portable cleaner with a built-in system is definitely an option which is worth your consideration, especially if you are looking for a truly powerful cleaner.
- A Beam System can be retrofitted into most existing homes, it will deep clean your carpets and will improve the indoor air quality of your home.
- You will love the convenience and ease of cleaning with a System. If you have family members who suffer from hay fever, asthma or allergies or have stairs in your home, you will notice a huge difference.
The design of the System for existing homes is the same as for new homes.
- The number of Inlet valves required is dictated by the size of the home. You must find suitable positions for Hose Inlet valves so that you can adequately cover the total floor area of the property with a 10 metre hose.
- If you can get under your property or into the ceiling spaces, then you can usually install the ducting required for a System.
- The ducting for this house was installed about 30 years ago when Beam New Zealand sold clear bends. It has never been touched since the day it was installed.
- The wire on the pipe is for the low voltage electrical control circuit.
- Stairwells are an area where ducting can be installed to pick up second story Inlets.
- Installing valves flush on the floor or installing the ducting inside cupboards and then out through the wall, in suitable locations, are other options.
- Our installers are very experienced in this field and would love to check out your home to see if there is a possibility to get a System installed.
Most of the time we can install a Beam.
- Smaller homes often only need 1 or 2 Inlets and are sometimes remarkably easy to do.
- The Power Units can either go in the garage, in a suitable cupboard or outside in a weather tight situation.
- The diagram shows the floor-plan of a three bedroom house requiring two Hose wall Inlets.
- The Power Unit is situated in the room off the garage, this area and the car is vacuumed from the Hose Inlet on the Power Unit.
Our installers love the challenge of large existing homes!
Easy existing house installation of a Beam Central Vacuum System in Hamilton.
The installation was simple as only one Hose wall Inlet was required in a central position in the house. The house size was 162m2. A 10 metre on/off remote control hose enabled the whole house to be cleaned from this position. Fortunately, there was a large hot water/airing cupboard in the perfect location for the wall inlet valve to be installed.