Maintenance and Service is an important part of owning a Central Cleaning System
- Beam New Zealand and its Dealers are still Servicing Power Units from the last 5 decades. See photo of a sample of Power Units below.
- You can have confidence that Beam will be able to Service your new System in the future.
We are thrilled that you have chosen to install a Beam or AEG Central Vacuum Cleaning System in your home.
- We would like our relationship with you to continue and we are happy to Service your System, for as long as you would like us to.
- Our Beam and AEG Systems have robust warranties which are designed to protect our valued customers.
- The warranties do not apply however, to consumable items which need replacement after normal wear and tear.
- The wear and tear on cleaning appliances is normally quite harsh, as they constantly deal with dirt, which is generally a very abrasive substance.
Our Agents will discuss Servicing with you, normally they recommend a two year Servicing Schedule.
- This they can program into their normal Servicing workload.
- Regular inspection like this is optional, but it is worth your consideration, as it will keep your System working at its maximum potential and will give you the opportunity to replace any items which have worn through normal use.
- There is a service fee payable.
Items checked when Servicing include:
- Brushes in the motor
- The condition of the internal Filter
- The motor cavity of the power unit
- Condition and seal of the dirt receptacle.
- The condition of muffler and external Hepa Filter if installed.
- Wall and Power Unit Inlet Valve rubber Seals and their function
- Suction test at power unit and wall valves
- The condition of the Hose and on/off control
- Condition and function of attachments
- Condition and function of accessories like Vacpans and WallyFlexs
- Cleaning of power unit and operation test of System
Beam Alliance 625SB and 650TB Power Units
Reset, Power Unit and Bucket Full Indicator.
When light on handle shows red, your System is indicating that the bucket is full and the Power Unit needs to be reset.
The light is programmed to show red, every 25 hours of Power Unit use. It has nothing to do with how much dirt is actually in the bucket
When you see this red light on your Hose handle, go to your Power Unit and the display will show a full bucket.
Press firmly the shape underneath the Bucket, to reset the Power Unit and restart the next 25 Hours.
Note: The screen is not a touch enabling screen. The vinyl of the screen should be depressed about 1mm to activate the micro switch below
Model Alliance 675SC and 700TC Power Units.
Reset, Power Unit and Bucket Full Indicator.
When the bucket full indicator requires the unit to be Reset.
Press one of the two Directional Arrows (< or >) below the screen.
Scroll though the images until you come to the bucket image.
If it requires a Reset, it will indicate on the screen.
Hold the Enter button down for 5 seconds, to Reset Power Unit.
Beam’s exclusive filter is permanent and self-cleaning. However, if cleaning is desired, just follow these easy steps.
- Remove the dirt receptacle
- Wrap a large plastic rubbish bag around the lower portion of the power unit, holding it firmly in place - (as illustrated).
- Grasp the sewn-in weight at the bottom of the filter through the bag (as shown). Shake vigorously, dirt will drop into the bag.
- Carefully remove the plastic bag from the unit without disturbing the dust. Empty the dirt receptacle into the bag, seal and dispose of bag.
- Replace the dirt receptacle on the power unit.
- Remember, any dirt that is spilled can be easily vacuumed by attaching the hose to the utility inlet on the machine and activating the power unit with the manual switch.
Beam New Zealand recommends that a new filter is fitted every 3-5 years.
- This will ensure that the Beam System will continue to operate at its maximum potential.
A Case Study of a Service Job carried out by our Hawkes Bay Dealer.
A prime example today, concerning how important servicing of our Systems, is for our clients.
A client contacted us asking if we could supply her with a new Beam dusting brush...
We said we could, as the conversation progressed, we asked the questions, how old is your machine? has it had been serviced regularly?
The client replied,
“does it need to be serviced?”
“it’s never been done to my knowledge”
We suggested that a service might be a good idea. Saying that, regular service of the System would keep it running at its maximum potential.
The client replied
“actually, it doesn’t seem to suck as well as it used to”
We arranged to visit the client's property. Upon initial inspection and vacuum test of the System, we found that it was down approx 40% in suction, as to what it should have been.
The motor brushes were just about finished, filter bag was beyond its last legs, all inlet seals were leaking badly and hissing excessively, two of the original wall brackets had split and had broken seals, utility inlet had broken and was loose on the machine, combo floor tool was not working ( even though in good condition ) as it was clogged with years of dirt and the client was using the hard floor tool, on the carpet.
As it turned out, the System hadn’t been touched for many years, it was well beyond its Guarantee, and needed a number of the consumable parts replaced.
Our client was over the moon when I ran through my findings with her. I completed the required maintenance to the System and then demonstrated to her that the suction was back to where it should be.
She was also very conscious of the health factor of her System (ie removing the exhaust air from the area being vacuumed) and was thrilled that the System was now operating again at the normal level.
I still find, many people who have Systems installed, often don't know much about maintaining them.
Photo's of the System. (click photo's to enlarge)
Beam Dealers are prepared to service all the different models of Central Vacuum Cleaners on the market.
Often we can adapt our parts to accommodate other machines.
If you can't get hold of your original Installer, give our Dealers a ring. We are happy to give you advice and to help solve your problem if we can.
Below are photo's of some of the machines we are servicing. (click photo's to enlarge)